Knockando on Round Hill - Ideal for Couples and Families, Beautiful Pool and Beach
** Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to check availability for all requests at this villa **
THE PERSONAL VILLAS EXPERIENCE
* Private check-in
* Pre-trip planning: airport transfers, grocery pre-stocking, activity suggestions
* Fresh Linens, Towels, Daily Housekeeping
* English speaking concierge service and on-location team
* Free Wifi
* Points Program (Inquire about our PersonalVillas rewards program if you visit often!)
VILLA KNOCKANDO ON ROUND HILL, Montego Bay, Jamaica
More than 50 years ago, a visionary named John Pringle dreamed of turning a magical Jamaican hillside and waterfront into a luxurious retreat and he named it Round Hill. He sat upon the hill, gazed over the deep blue sea and selected the site for his own home, the genesis of what was to become a renowned resort for guests from around the world. Today, that home is Knockando, distinguished by one of the most breathtaking views in the Caribbean.
On floors of cool Jamaican marble in hues of gray, pink, cream and salmon; rich mahogany; high ceilings and lovely antiques – Knockando evokes a sense of old Jamaica updated with contemporary comforts and amenities.
The living room opens wide to the heart of the house – a 1,300-square-foot verandah with generous seating areas in white canvas on oversize bamboo sofas and chairs under five ceiling fans. At one end of the verandah is a bamboo wet bar, icemaker, fridge and cable television. At the opposite end is a wheelchair-accessible bathroom and gently-ramped path to the pool terrace just below. Home-cooked meals typically are served alfresco on the long verandah. Three other dining areas include the option of an elegant indoor dining room with a 10’ mahogany pedestal table set with Rosenthal, Minton or Royal Worcester china and sterling silver.
Knockando is Gaelic. It refers to the distillery in Speyside, Scotland, renowned as home of the finest single malt scotch in the world.
* deluxe 5½-bedroom private villa atop prestigious Round Hill … plus*
* staff of 5: chef, butler, housekeeper, gardener, personal laundress
* 20′ X 40′ private pool with pool toys and unique mosaic Chinese dragon design
* Wi-Fi Internet throughout
* 7 flat screen televisions with full cable programming
* 2 DVD players, CDs and DVDs for parents and children
* sound system in living room, dining room, verandah, pool terace
* excellent chef for all preferences; deluxe Lynx grill for steaks, chops, fish, chicken and lobster
* accessible: ramp, electric wheelchair, Rascal scooter, 3 zero-entry bathrooms and showers, bench, toilet boosters and grab bars
* child friendly: wonderful children’s playroom/bedroom… Olivia’s Treehouse*
* complimentary crib, high chair, booster seat
* nearby nanny’s bedroom and bathroom
* 2 complimentary four-seat golf carts for transport to beach
* US $100 cash for non-motorized watersports, compliments of the homeowner
* ROUND HILL MEMBERSHIP: complimentary use of the new Round Hill gym and $25 daily fee is waived for Knockando guests (paid by the homeowner), complimentary beach, two connecting heated pools for parents & children, jogging trail, Manager’s Cocktail Party every Wednesday. For various fees: Pineapple Kids Club, tennis, hair salon & spa, bars & restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri.
* TRYALL CLUB MEMBERSHIP: complimentary beach, tennis, gym, pool, Hummingbird Kids Club, non-motorized water sports, Internet room, new Usain Bolt Games Room for kids, teens & adults, jogging trail, afternoon tea & Manager’s Cocktail Party every Monday night. For various fees: golf, tennis lessons, Happy Hour, hair salon & spa, bars & restaurants, boutique, motorized water sports & Reggae Night on the Beach Thursday night.
Maximum desired occupancy is 13 guests. All bathrooms provide hair dryers. All bedrooms and Olivia’s Treehouse feature state-of-the-art remote control air conditioning. All bedrooms offer flat screen cable TV (including Treetops and Treehouse playroom).
Master Bedroom (650 square feet)
Kingsize bed; walk-through dressing room with padded mahogany spindle crib; en-suite bathroom with bidet; large walk-in shower with double showerheads. Adjoins Middle Bedroom to create a convenient parent-child suite on request.
Two queensize beds; en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination. Dressing room has interior passage to Master Bedroom via door that may left open or locked in the night for privacy.
*Blue Room (400 square feet)
Kingsize bed; en-suite bathroom with double-sink and wheelchair accessible, newly renovated zero-entry shower with bench. Interior hallway to small room with queensize bed for child,* nanny or other adult. Connecting pocket door may be left open or closed in the night. If occupied, bathroom is shared by all 3 guests.
Kingsize bed in romantic bedroom on very private upper level, parquet floor, walk-in closet, en-suite bathroom with open-air pink marble shower with sea view. Wraparound wood plank balcony. Gorgeous views on three sides.
The Cottage (400 square feet)
Freestanding building across the lawn. Kingsize bed; sound system; desk; wet bar and fridge; wood plank floors and bookshelves. En-suite-bathroom, booster toilet with side rails, wheelchair accessible zero-entry shower and bench, Jacuzzi bathtub. Excellent accessible accommodation.
Olivia’s Treehouse *
Down one flight of stairs and directly under Treetops (good upstairs-downstairs suite for parents and children). Fanciful playroom/bedroom beloved by children. Bunk beds with side rails, twin daybed, and trundle beds for two more. Mounted flatscreen TV, DVD player children’s movies, stuffed animals, books, toys, games, blackboard, little sink and toilet. (Not really in a tree.) The entire property is child-friendly and has baby gates to limit unsupervised access to the pool area.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund. 2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour. 3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit. 4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner. 5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.