Greatview - Ideal for Couples and Families, Beautiful Pool and Beach
** Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to check availability for all requests at this villa **
THE PERSONAL VILLAS EXPERIENCE
* Private check-in
* Pre-trip planning: airport transfers, grocery pre-stocking, activity suggestions
* Fresh Linens, Towels, Daily Housekeeping
* English speaking concierge service and on-location team
* Free Wifi
* Points Program (Inquire about our PersonalVillas rewards program if you visit often!)
VILLA GREATVIEW, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Greatview at Half Moon is one of the undisputed finest private homes in this collection.
Greatview is one of the most glamorous private homes overlooking the Half Moon golf course and vast ocean vista. Three world-class golf courses (Cinnamon Hill, Half Moon and White Witch) are within a five-minute drive.
The view is breathtaking – the deep blue sea to the north and magnificent mountains to the south. Here is the marriage of exquisite taste, beauty and comfort ~ floors of French limestone, Travertine marble and exotic pressed bamboo; walls of Barbadian coral stone and Venetian glaze. The details are immaculate and artistic. Furnishings are an exquisite combination of Asian antique and tropical colonial. Grounds are lush in orange and lime trees, avocado, papaya, mango, breadfruit, Poinciana, flame trees and delicate orchids.
Six well-appointed bedrooms are complemented by inside and outside dining areas, a snug television den and an air-conditioned gym complete with TV and fitness videos. A supplemental generator ensures that Greatview is never without electricity and air conditioning.
The large infinity-edge pool flows as a waterfall into the hot tub on the lower lawn. The poolside bar has a television, blender, smoothie-maker, and fridge stocked with drinks.
While numerous balconies and overlooks are part of Greatview’s contemporary architecture, the villa is child friendly. It offers complimentary cribs with mobiles, high chairs, playpen, baby toys and games, water toys, floats, water basketball and three tricycles. The shallow end of the pool can be roped off to define where deeper water begins. Greatview includes two connecting suites for families. Also notable is Greatview’s accommodation of guests who use wheelchairs or are physically challenged.
Greatview comes with three loved pets: Cara, a gentle Lab; Lucy, an English Cocker Spaniel; and Spot, a plump and affectionate outside cat. None of them bother guests but will come in to cuddle and play if invited.
* 14,000-square-foot 6-bedroom+ Premier staffed villa overlooking a breathtaking ocean panorama
* 7th very private bedroom available on request
* 20 ’x 40’ heated pool with waterfall feed to hot tub below (pool maintains 85-degree temperature all winter)
* 24-hour concierge service: 2 butlers, chef, housekeepers, gardener and laundress
* air-conditioned gym: recumbent bicycle, treadmill, stair master, free weights, exercise balls, mats, TV
* spa and steam room, rainfall shower and stone massage ~ spa technician on call 9 AM till 9 PM.
* DVD’s and Game Stations in each room, 300 games that can be played with hand controls on the TV’s in each bedroom
* outdoor games room with ping pong table, pool table, foosball table, basketball net, 60 game arcade table, flat screen TV and comfy seating
* Nintendo Wii U and free Apple TV
* complimentary snorkels, fins, masks, picnic baskets, beach towels and water shoes
* air-conditioned den with 30″ plasma television, DVD, VCR
* large selection of books, music CD’s and current DVD movies for parents and children
* cable television and quiet air conditioning in all bedrooms
* two Aerobeds that will accommodate children up to age 10 so they can sleep in their parents’ room
* outdoor gas grill for chicken, pork, prime rib, fresh fish, lobster, tenderloin
* fire pit for authentic Jamaican dinners under the stars (followed by marshmallow roast for children)
* handicap accessible: toilet boosters, ramps to all main floor rooms and pool
* Hoyer Lift for guests requiring transfer from bed to wheel chair, wheelchair accessible shower, 2 minute drive from Hospiten Hospital with up-to-date equipment and American trained physicians
* child friendly: complimentary 2 cribs, pack & play, 2 high chairs, booster seats, stroller, baby toys, water toys, beach toys, pool basketball, 2 bicycles, motorized kids car, Thomas Train set with its own table
* Nortel Meridian phone system with intercom to all rooms, kitchen and staff
* Dell laptop, dedicated line for complimentary ADSL Internet access, wireless network for laptop users
* complimentary nanny for up to 2 children under 3 year of age for 3 hours per day OR
* complimentary Kids Club at Little View for up to 4 children ages 3 to 12 for 3 hours per day
* Greatview Kids Club is centered around Little View which is a one bedroom tree house/play house fully stocked with craft materials, games, puzzles and playhouse items. A rope climbing maze provides a secret back entrance to the tree house. Under the tree house is a sand box, craft tables and play tents which dot the surrounding garden. Depending on the children’s ages and interests, local crafts people will be brought in for jewelry making, kite making, clay modeling, coconut hat weaving and other fun Jamaican crafts.
* Rose Hall Golf Membership : Complimentary Green Fees at White Witch and Cinnamon Hill golf courses (see details below)*
* Half Moon Golf, Tennis & Beach Club Membership: Complimentary Green Fees at Half Moon plus beach and other resort amenities.
* Complimentary Driver (12 or 14-seater van) for 7-night bookings.
Master Bedroom Plantation Room
Four-poster king size bed, sitting area, entertainment unit with 20″ television, mini-fridge, antique French desk with Internet access for laptops. Glamorous bathroom with double vanity, whirlpool bath, walk-in steam shower, bidet. Bathroom opens to cut stone open-air Swedish drench shower and massage area. Bedroom opens to porch, sea view and garden. Connecting passage to Orchid Room.
Two queen size beds, 19th Century burled walnut armoire and English faux-bamboo antique desk. Glamorous bathroom with double vanity, whirlpool bath, bidet, seat in large shower for guests with disabilities. Bathroom opens to cut stone open-air Swedish drench shower and massage area. Bedroom opens to porch, sea view and garden. Connecting passage to Master Bedroom (Plantation Room).
Four-poster queen size bed. Burmese and Chinese furnishings, antique red lacquered desk and Chinese wedding chair, Asian art. Wrap-around balcony with views of Caribbean Sea, rain forest and meadow. En-suite bathroom has tub-shower combination (deep soaking tub) and opens to east balcony.
King size bed and balcony. Whimsical frog theme. En-suite bathroom with deep soaking tub/shower combination.
Opens to balcony with lovely Caribbean Sea view.
King size bed and balcony next to Frog Room. En-suite bathroom with deep soaking tub/shower combination.
Opens to balcony with lovely Caribbean Sea view.
Hideaway for two in cute downhill cottage. Fully-equipped kitchenette, cozy living room, 27″ TV, DVD. air conditioning and intercom to main house. Optional king size or twins beds. En-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi and shower. Gorgeous sea view from private balcony furnished with rocking chairs, chaises and al fresco dining area for eye-opener coffee, breakfasts or afternoon cocktails. Served by same staff as other five bedrooms in main house, including room service.
Reached via 33 steps from the villa’s main level or 14 steps from the lower lawn. Great privacy and gorgeous sea view.
Greatview is on three levels. Bedrooms are exquisitely appointed and adjoin en-suite Travertine marble bathrooms. Smoking is not permitted in the bedrooms, but several open-air areas are available. All bathrooms offer hairdryers, shampoo, conditioner and glycerin soaps. All bedrooms feature en-suite marble bathrooms with self-closing Italian Toto toilets, antiques, closet safes, remote control air conditioners, cable television and well-planned louvers for wonderful cross-breezes.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund. 2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour. 3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit. 4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner. 5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.