Bambu - Ideal for Couples and Families, Beautiful Pool and Beach
** Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to check availability for all requests at this villa **
THE PERSONAL VILLAS EXPERIENCE
* Private check-in
* Pre-trip planning: airport transfers, grocery pre-stocking, activity suggestions
* Fresh Linens, Towels, Daily Housekeeping
* English speaking concierge service and on-location team
* Free Wifi
* Points Program (Inquire about our PersonalVillas rewards program if you visit often!)
VILLA BAMBU, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Nine miles west of Montego Bay is a large private site overlooking perhaps the most glorious view of sea and sky on Jamaica’s renowned north coast. Elegantly perched on eight and a half acres atop this hill is Bambu, a grand six-bedroom private villa distinguished by its classic architecture and appreciated by discerning vacationers.
BAMBU was designed by architect Robert Hartley in the early 1960’s as a unique melding of West Indies architecture and Italian Venetian style. Its Palladian arches, dramatic central pool, Italian sculptures and breathtaking view make it one of the most photographed homes in this collection. In 1974, images of Bambu appeared in Slim Aaron’s A Wonderful Time: An Intimate Portrait of the Good Life
Multiple dining areas take advantage of the spaciousness and vast views from this special property. Breakfast at the river is a marvelous way to start the day. Cocktails on the terrace over the bay and dinner in the gazebo feature one of the most beautiful nighttime light shows in the world.
With handicap access in mind, a separate entrance designed especially for guests in wheelchairs features a ramp to a level entrance to the villa, avoiding all stairs. The Bambu pool features a broad 4″ deep wheelchair platform as well. This shallow water platform is also a thoughtful, safe pool area for toddlers. If you’ve left your pets at home while you’re on vacation, be advised that Bambu is home to three affectionate Mastiff pups. At your preference, they may be allowed to roam the grounds and come in to play with the guests or be kept in their large, open-air kennel.
Tryall Club membership: complimentary beach, tennis, gym, pool, Hummingbird Kids Club, non-motorized water sports, Internet room, Usain Bolt Games Room, jogging trail, afternoon tea & Manager’s Cocktail Party every Monday night. For various fees: golf, tennis lessons, Happy Hour, hair salon & spa, bars & restaurants, boutique, motorized water sports & Reggae Night on the Beach Thursday night. Current membership runs through November 30, 2020. See note below*
*NOTE: Tryall Club membership is guaranteed for guests travelling through November 30, 2020. Some villa beach memberships are not guaranteed if travel dates are beyond November 30, 2020. Ask our Villa Specialists if you have any questions.
* Overlooking panorama of Caribbean Sea
* Full staff: butler, cook, housekeepers, gardeners, laundress
* 45’ diameter round pool with a special section for toddlers
* Wireless Internet
* TV den with granite bar and 52” television
* Satellite, X-Box and Apple TV
* complimentary overseas calls to US, Canada, and landlines in UK
* 2 defibrillators – butler trained to use
* handicap accessible: 2 seamless shower entrances, 8’ wheelchair platform in pool, accessible arrival entrance
* child-friendly: connecting bedrooms, treehouse, pool section for toddlers, nearby complimentary Kids Club
Master Bedroom – King-size bed, 2 separate bath, double showerheads in each. French doors open to a 26′ covered verandah w/ view of the sea & Montego Bay. The Master Suite is quite private from the rest of the villa. Both showers are handicap accessible.
Bedroom 2 – King-size bed, en-suite bath w/ double sinks, walk-in shower. French doors open directly onto the south poolside terrace.
Bedroom 3 – Children’s Room, 2 pairs of bunk beds, door w/ access to the pool terrace. A pass-through in the children’s bathroom leads to Bedroom 4 next door, creating a connecting parent-child suite. Children’s room is suitable for children up to 12 years old.
Bedroom 4 – king-size bed, en-suite bath connects to children’s Bedroom 3.
Bedroom 5 – 2 full/double beds, en-suite bath, walk-in shower.
Bedroom 6 – Queen size bed, en-suite bath, walk-in shower
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund. 2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour. 3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit. 4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner. 5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.