Terrasse de Mer in Terres Basses by Personal Villas - An Exotic and Private Oasis
TERRASSE DE MER 3BR, Terres Basses, St. Maarten
A dramatic, winding hillside road delivers you to Terrasse de Mer, set high above the beach and civilization. It’s an exotic and private oasis. The moment you enter the large courtyard; you are in the midst of a stunning 360-degree view. Behind you are neighboring mountains; in front of you is Anguilla, so close you can touch it. Enter the front door and a brilliant, variegated scene flows before you, painted in greens and blues. Within your scope are the verdant island peaks, Baie Rouge Beach, and Marigot with its poetic marinas. The sightline stretches to Creole Rock in Grand Case and beyond to the Atlantic’s horizon. The sapphire sea is everywhere.
Expansive terraces and covered spaces, for dining and lounging, surround the beautiful heated pool perched at the terrace’s edge. The natural vistas from the pool create a secluded atmosphere. A wall of seaside columns anchors the view and frames Anguilla. Parallel to Anguilla, above Baie Rouge Beach, is a long terrace with two gazebos, each with sliding glass doors; one with a Jacuzzi. The villa’s red zinc roof and white walls create a peaceful Caribbean backdrop to the natural beauty.
The spacious main living area, featuring new furniture, is comfortable and stylish. The view is amazing! The decor throughout the interior has a romantic, elegant attitude in white, cream, and Indonesian teak accented with charming exotic accessories. Just off the main room, the inviting French county kitchen looks out to the sea connecting the chef to nature. Dine inside off the terrace or at the high kitchen counter. Work in the office space off the living room or hit the private gym.
The four bedrooms with en suite bathrooms are equal size and air-conditioned. Two are connected to the main house. One is off the terrace and the other in a private casita off the courtyard. The bathrooms are spacious with garden or sea views.
You are secluded yet close to amenities. It’s a short drive to Baie Rouge Beach and a few minutes to Baie Nettle’s restaurants. In 10 minutes you reach the charming French capital of Marigot with restaurants, shops and galleries, historic buildings, and the Creole Market. Drive 25 minutes to Grand Case, 10 minutes to the international airport, and 30 minutes to Philipsburg’s shopping haven.
This property is available to rent as a 2, 3, or 4 bedroom villa.
This property has 4 King Bed(s).
Concierge – Other Services | Housekeeper Included
Satellite | Cable | Stereo | Television
Air Conditioning | Clothes Dryer | Hair Dryer | Internet – Hi-Speed | Internet – Wi-Fi | Iron and Board | Linens Provided | Living Room | Parking | Towels Provided | Washing Machine
Coffee Maker | Dishes & Utensils | Dishwasher | Kitchen | Microwave | Oven | Refrigerator | Stove | Toaster
Bird Watching | Boating | Gambling | Shopping | Water Sports | Whale Watching | Wildlife Viewing
Ocean View | Oceanfront
Deck/Patio | Gas Grill
Bedroom 1: King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, Wi-Fi, TV, en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
Bedroom 2: King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, Wi-Fi, TV, en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
Bedroom 3: King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, Wi-Fi, TV, en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
* Pets (on request)
* Heated pool is available during Winter months Dec. 16th to April 15th
– The highest temperature is limited to 86 degrees / Fahrenheit/30 Celsius
– If the guests have a specific temperature they prefer, please inform the concierge team prior to the arrival as the pool
temperature needs to be set by our maintenance team
– The guests are not allowed to change the pool temperature by themselves.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserves the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.