Libellule in Terres Basses by Personal Villas - Ideal for Groups and Families, Beachfront
* Offers 10% Discount
* Any 7-night booking until November 18th, 2023
* Please inquire for more info
VILLA LIBELLULE, Terres Basses, St Martin
In perhaps one of French St. Martin’s most beautiful locations, Villa Libellule – The Dragonfly, is an idyllic five-bedroom home sitting high on a promontory in Terres Basses nestled between the Caribbean Sea and the scenic Simpson Bay lagoon.
Situated on five acres of elevated beachfront, Libellule enjoys complete privacy while providing direct access, via a private pathway, to the pristine beach of Baie Rouge.
A gently sloping driveway from the gated entrance passes through abundant tropical gardens flanked by a staggering water view over the lagoon and leads up to the main entrance and the glittering view of the Caribbean Sea. To the right of the ascending driveway is the pool house with an impressive pool overlooking the lagoon and the beautiful Caribbean sunsets. There is a covered wet bar with a refrigerator, a surround sound system, and a bathroom with a shower.
A lovely fountained courtyard greets you at the main entrance and an arched opening leads through to Libellule’s huge high-ceilinged living area lined with traditional Caribbean shutters. A wonderful respite from the daytime heat this lovely room features cool limestone flooring, several ceiling fans, comfortable seating and dining area, and benefits from the cooling trade winds that blow off the sea. At the far end, shuttered doors open to a fabulous seafront terrace with the spectacular backdrop of the Caribbean and the island of Anguilla in the distance. The terrace provides a comfortable lounging area and a covered patio for al fresco dining.
Leading off the living area is a large and welcoming kitchen with light wood cabinetry, a central island, double sinks, and Bosch appliances including two large refrigerators, an oven and a microwave, and a Siemens gas cooktop. A stone pathway lined with cashew trees leads from the kitchen to a delightful octagonal breakfast gazebo overlooking the sea and the beach of Baie Rouge just below.
Each of the five bedrooms, independent from the main living areas are accessed from the exterior and follow the natural slope of the property. Two bedrooms are situated on the main level and are accessed from the courtyard including the brand new master bedroom with its relaxing beige and white décor, ample closet space, and its own terrace overlooking the lagoon and gardens. The en-suite bathroom features a glass-walled shower, double vanities, and a separate toilet and bidet. Next to the master is a twin bedroom and en-suite bathroom decorated in cool mint green and overlooking the garden. A few steps down from the main level are two further bedrooms both with king-size beds, one featuring a colorful jungle décor and the other a marine blue and seashell theme. Both rooms have small terraces and walk-in closets and en-suite bathrooms with slate grey tiled open showers. The final fifth bedroom is on a lower level and has a king-size bed, a terrace overlooking the garden and an en-suite bathroom with an open shower.
Villa Libellule is ideal for groups of friends traveling together or for families with older children. The villa is conveniently located within the exclusive residential enclave of Terres Basses in French St. Martin and is close to restaurants, a gourmet French bakery, and a grocery store on the French side. The casino and bars of the village of Maho and the restaurants of Porto Cupecoy are just across the border on the Dutch side of St. Maarten and an easy ten-minute drive. The Princess Juliana International airport, also on the Dutch side of the island, is just a short fifteen-minute drive from the villa.
This can be rented as 3, 4 or 5 bedrooms.
* Swimming Pool – 7m x 15m
* Patio, Terrace / Outdoor Space
* A/C, Smart TV, Surround sound system
* Kitchen Island, Nespresso
* Designer Kitchen, Wetbar
* Snorkel Equipment
* Generator, Stall Shower
* Room-darkening shades
* Events Considered
* Gardener/ pool person
* Concierge service
* Bedroom 1- King bed, en-suite bathroom, ocean view, air-conditioned, ceiling fan and Smart TV
* Bedroom 2- King bed, en-suite bathroom, ocean view, air-conditioned, ceiling fan and Smart TV
* Bedroom 3- King bed, en-suite bathroom, garden view, air-conditioned, ceiling fan and Smart TV
* Bedroom 4- Two Single beds, en-suite bathroom, garden view, air-conditioned, ceiling fan and Smart TV
* Bedroom 5- King bed, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioned, ceiling fan and Smart TV
* For all Holiday requests, please contact our team. Many properties will accept a minimum of 7-nights but we prefer 14 nights if the dates overlap Christmas or New Year’s week.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserves the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.