La Hacienda in Terres Basses by Personal Villas - An Elegant Spanish-Caribbean Style Villa
LA HACIENDA 3BR, Terres Basses, St. Maarten
This elegant Spanish-Caribbean style villa is designed to capture the views and maximize outdoor living. The covered courtyard entrance with its Old World wooden doors, tiled floors, and exotic plantings create the perfect introduction to a stunning tropical view. Framed by royal palms and pink bougainvillea, the view is a panoramic vista filled with shades of blue from the sapphire sea to the deep blue sky; gorgeous in the daytime; spectacular at sunset.
Beautifully designed gardens surround the house and terraces. Epi wood decks on multi-levels offer endless options for dining, lounging, and sunning. You can be private or together with your friends or family. The upper deck flows off the main indoor living area. Under wide covered gazebos, you can lounge, dine, or fire up the barbeque. Step down to the gorgeous lower level for a swim in the inviting pool surrounded by covered terraces and sundecks. There is a separate kid’s playground for the young ones.
The interior great room, with terracotta floors and dark Spanish-style vaulted ceilings, is cool, breezy, and light. Pocket doors open to the view. Comfortable oversized seating in white and taupe against dark woods set an elegant, low-key atmosphere for lounging and dining. Spanish inspired doors and windows are featured thought out the house for an exotic touch. The well-equipped new kitchen is sleek and contemporary.
There are four bedrooms. Two are in private casitas off the upper deck. Spacious and comfortable, each room’s decor is a blend of serene whites and tans mixed with dark wood. Charming Spanish style shutters create privacy. Both casita bedrooms have sea and garden views as well as private patios. The gorgeous spa-style bathrooms, with walk-in showers, are designed in travertine accented with dark woods. Two additional bedrooms connect to the interior living space. It’s a wonderful set up for children. One room has bunk beds. The adjacent room has a king bed. The two share a spa-style bathroom.
Although secluded, you’re close to amenities. Long Bay Beach and Cupecoy Beach are only 2 minutes away. It’s also a short drive to Porto Cupecoy for grocery shopping, restaurants including island favorite Mario’s Bistro. 5 minutes in the opposite direction you’ll find Baie Nettle’s wonderful gourmet restaurants. Another 5 minutes from here and you reach the charming French capital of Marigot with restaurants, shops and galleries, historic buildings, and the Creole Market. Drive 25 minutes to Grand Case or Philipsburg’s shopping haven while only a 10-minute drive to the international airport.
This property is available to rent as a 2, 3 or 3+1 Bedroom villa.
This property has 3 King Bed(s), 3 Single Bed(s).
Private Pool 10m x 5m
Concierge – Other Services | Housekeeper Included
Satellite | Cable | Stereo | Television
Air Conditioning | Clothes Dryer | Hair Dryer | Internet – Hi-Speed | Internet – Wireless | Iron and Board | Linens Provided | Living Room | Parking | Towels Provided | Washing Machine
Wine Cooler | Cookware | Dining Area | Dining Room | Dishes & Utensils | Dishwasher | Kitchen | Microwave | Oven | Refrigerator | Stove | Toaster
Bird Watching | Boating | Shopping | Water Sports
Alarm System | First aid kit
Near Ocean | Ocean View
Deck | Patio | Garden | Gas Grill
Bedroom 1 – Master: King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fans, TV, sea and garden view, patio and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
Bedroom 2 – King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fans, TV, shared bathroom with shower, vanity
Bedroom 3 – King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fans, TV, sea and garden view, patio and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserves the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.