Eureka at the Tryall Club in Montego Bay by Personal Villas - Spectacular Vacation Experience
** Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to check availability for all requests at this villa **
EUREKA at the TRYALL CLUB, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Eureka is the closest anyone is ever likely to get to stay in a Jamaican Great House that is furnished of the period and opportunities such as this do not come along very often. This utterly delightful home stands amidst very pretty gardens and commands a clear unobstructed view of the sea and golf course.
Views such as this need to be taken advantage of and this is exactly what Eureka achieves. The drawing room, dining room, and the three bedrooms all face seawards and open onto the deep covered veranda which spans the entire width of the house and is comfortably furnished with relaxation in mind. These graceful rooms of perfect proportion are light and airy with high casket ceilings and polished wooden floors. The owners have curated a remarkable collection of 18th and 19th-century Jamaican mahogany furniture which is set off to great advantage by the mellow off-white walls, striking fabrics, and accented by an important collection of Jamaican art that is inspiring, thought-provoking, and a joy to look at.
This is a house in which to entertain whether formally or informally and to hand you will have fine silverware, delicate porcelain, and exquisite linens. In fact, it is likely to be a difficult decision to decide upon whether to dine inside in the handsome dining room or outside on the veranda but either way, the perfect flow from the drawing room to the dining room to the veranda is highly conducive to good company and relaxation. Afternoon tea will no doubt become a ritual, encouraged by the splendid drawing room which gives the impression of waiting for 4.00 p.m., and to add to the enjoyment, you may choose your teacup and saucer from a collection of period pieces.
The impressive master bedroom is to the west with a particularly grand mahogany half-tester bed. Equally impressive is the en-suite bathroom which has a walk-in shower, Jacuzzi bath, bidet, and twin vanities. To the east are the two other bedrooms, one with antique twin beds that can be joined and an en-suite shower room and the other with an antique queen-size bed and en-suite bathroom with a shower and bath combination. All of the bedrooms open onto the veranda. A second master bedroom is located in a private cottage with a triple-aspect outlook overlooking the ocean and surrounding grounds. The spacious bedroom furnished with a magnificent antique Jamaican four-poster bed opens to a veranda with an infinity plunge pool. The large bathroom has an exceptional marble floor and includes a walk-in shower and a separate roll-top bathtub.
The gardens that surround Eureka are of particular note as they contain many unusual species of hibiscus as well as numerous plants with multi-hued leaves of different forms and textures. Below the veranda is a lovely swimming pool with a beautiful Italian mosaic of griffon and to the rear of the house is a tranquil terrace shaded by a pergola that has a jade vine growing up and amidst it. To sit here is to stimulate the senses as water ripples down a wall, the breeze rustles the leaves and the inimitable scent of just-mowed grass pervades the air.
This can be rented as 3 or 4 bedrooms.
• Swimming pool – deepest point 6 feet 4 inches
• Wireless Net Access, Flat Screen TVs
• Bar, Hot tub
• Indoor/Outdoor Dining
• 6 seater Golf Cart
• Short ride to the golf
• Tennis, massage center
• Fitness center, boutique
• Tryall market, games room, Kid’s Club
• Views of the Caribbean Sea
Bedroom 1 – Queen size antique tester bed, En-suite Bathroom, A/C, Jacuzzi Bath, Walk-in Shower,
Bedroom 2 – Queen size bed, En-suite Bathroom, A/C, Toilet, Shower,
Bedroom 3 – Queen size four poster bed, En-suite Bathroom, A/C, Toilet, Shower
Bedroom 4 – 2 Twin beds (which can be combined as King), En-suite Bathroom, A/C, Toilet, Shower
Tryall Club Temporary Membership Dues
The Tryall Club requires all villa and condo guests to become members during their stay via a Temporary Membership Fee of US$130 (plus 15% service charge) per week for each guest 16 years and over, or US$26 (plus 15% service charge) per day per person for stays of less than 7 days.
Plan to pay your TMD fee at the Front Desk in the Great House when you register. They will also set up a charge account for you during your stay. If you plan to pay for your charge account in cash at the end of your stay, they will request a cash deposit. If you plan to pay for your charge account with a credit card, they will place a hold on your card to cover this amount. The Tryall Club reserves the right to change or alter its membership packages with no advance notice.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.