Amethyst in Terres Basses by Personal Villas - Exceptional Sea Views and a Tropical Garden
AMETHYST (4BR), Terres Basses, St. Maarten
From its privileged cliffside position overlooking the Pointe du Bluff in Terres Basses, on French St. Martin’s northern coastline, Villa Amethyst is nestled between the Baie aux Cayes and the spectacular natural rock archway known as the “Trou de David”. The view is spectacular and encompasses a 180-degree vista across the ocean with the natural beauty of the bay in the foreground and the picturesque St. Martin coastline and the neighboring island of Anguilla on the distant horizon. The evening view is just as pretty with the twinkling lights of Marigot Bay and Anguilla and the cruise ships passing by below. This beautiful four-bedroom home formerly known on the vacation rental market as Le Mas des Sables has now been completely rejuvenated into a luminous version of its former self.
From the villa’s gated entrance a winding driveway leads up through tropical gardens to the main front door and stepping over the threshold a stunning view greets you as you enter from the arched entry courtyard into the villa’s inviting interior. This beautiful gem of a villa derives its name from a stunning pair of amethyst wings, situated in the living room/reception area. At just over 6ft tall this beautiful crystal radiates a soft lilac glow to the surrounding white walls and the decor has been kept intentionally understated so as not to detract from its natural beauty. Each bedroom is named for a healing crystal to further emphasize the natural bliss this villa imparts upon the villa’s fortunate occupants.
The light-filled living room has on one side a comfortable TV viewing area and along the front, doorways framed by wooden shutters open out to the terrace and the unobstructed and breathtaking ocean view. The brand new galley kitchen, situated to the left of the living room features sleek white cabinetry and Neff appliances. There is a windowed breakfast nook at one end and at the opposite end, opening onto the terrace, a convivial bar area fitted with a wine cooler and ice machine.
Outside, the covered terrace has a lounge area and a large dining table with seating for ten, and a large gas grill. The terrace follows the incline of the hillside and steps down to a beautiful free-form pool below, surrounded by plush loungers and daybeds and a lower-level sunning terrace. The terrace also extends around to the side of the house and there is a relaxing swing seat perfectly positioned to enjoy the beautiful east-facing view overlooking the scenic Simpson Bay lagoon. For a more active option, a Cornhole game set is also available on the terrace.
The villa’s four bedrooms are situated in a building independent from the communal living spaces and built on two levels into the hillside. Each bedroom possesses a unique design. On the ground floor are the bedrooms “Selenite” and “Citrine” and stone steps lead up to an ocean view balcony and the bedrooms “Howlite” and “Carnelian”. All four bedrooms offer king-size beds, beautiful en suite bathrooms and walk-in closets with his & her bathrobes, and a beach bag that comes in very handy for a walk down to the nearby beach. The “Howlite” bedroom also features a seating area with a large sea view window and its own private balcony and large daybed overlooking the ocean and the pool terrace below. “Citrine” on the ground floor also has its own private terrace with an ocean view. A 5th bedroom “Rose Quartz” is scheduled for completion in December 2022 and will be located in the main building below the living area with its own private deck area that can be accessed from the pool terrace and the entrance driveway.
The beautiful natural surroundings and the tranquility of the site along with the many material comforts make Villa Amethyst an incredibly relaxing and inviting place to be, perfect for families or friends vacationing together. One of the island’s finest beaches, Baie Rouge is an easy 8-minute walk away or just a couple of minutes by car, and the villa is conveniently located, just a 10-minute drive, between Marigot and Cupecoy.
This property is available to rent as a 3, 4 or 5 bedroom villa.
Outdoor Pool – Free form 4.30mx3m (depth) | Private Pool
Television | Satellite | Sound System
Air Conditioning | Internet | Linens Provided | Living Area | Towels Provided | Washing Machine/Dryer | Generator
Coffee Maker | Cookware | Dining Area | Dishes & Utensils | Dishwasher | Kitchen | Microwave | Oven | Refrigerator | Stove | Toaster | Wine Cooler | Blender
Ocean View | Beach View
Bar | Gas Grill
Bedroom 1 – King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, private terraces, TV, WiFi and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
Bedroom 2 – King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, private terraces, TV, WiFi and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
Bedroom 3 – Two single beds (can be made up as a king-size bed), A/C, private terraces, ceiling fan, TV, WiFi and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
Bedroom 4 – King-size bed, A/C, and en-suite bathroom with shower
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserves the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.