Alila in St James by Personal Villas - Perfect Retreat for Families and Friends
** Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to check availability for all requests at this villa **
VILLA ALILA, Sandy Lane, Barbados
Designed by accomplished architect, Michael Gomes, Alila is nothing short of an exclusive luxury retreat. Themed with Balinese-inspired elements in earthy hues with pops of colour in the bedrooms, the open-plan structure seamlessly breaks down the boundaries between the enclosed courtyard garden and the relaxing pool deck.
The scene is set from the moment you enter this private escape. The steady hum of the shak-shak trees blowing in the wind, the trickling of the bowl-shaped outdoor fountain and the calming effect of the sweetly scented, lush Caribbean flora provide the perfect frame to Alila’s Zen-like Balinese interior.
Approach the courtyard via a dark wood walkway overlooking a meandering Oriental koi pond and relax in the breezy lounge, or enjoy a meal prepared by your private chef in the elevated dining area that comfortably seats 8-10 people.
Guests who wake up in one of the three downstairs bedrooms, each with its own air condition, and en-suite bathroom, will find themselves just steps away from the saline infinity pool and spacious deck and a shady raised gazebo that accommodates 6-8 guests for sunset cocktails overlooking the stunning West Coast.
If you’d like a change in scenery, explore the acre and a quarter of picturesque gardens or take a rest in the cosy, surround-sound media room, outfitted with games, books and a flat-screen TV complemented by a firestick for live streaming or catching up on your favourite movies.
The entire upper level is dedicated to the sprawling master suite which includes his and hers dressing room, double vanity washbasins, a rain shower wet room and a vintage private outdoor freestanding tub. Lounge on the master terrace while enjoying the stunning vista of the Caribbean Sea in the distance.
This can be rented as 4 bedrooms (6 or 8 pax)
-Sea View/Ocean View
-Near Golf Course
Cook, Housekeeper, Laundress
(works 6 days per week)
Master Bedroom – Super King Bed, A/C, Shower & Tub
Bedroom 2 – King bed, A/C, Shower
Bedroom 3 – King Bed(can be converted to twins), A/C, Shower
Bedroom 4 – Queen Bed, A/C, Shower
* Please be aware that this property is a NON SMOKING property.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserves the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.