White Owl at Tryall Club in Montego Bay by Personal Villa - An Impressive, Marvelous Sea Views
** Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to check availability for all requests at this villa **
WHITE OWL at the TRYALL CLUB, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Found at the far eastern end of Country Club Drive, bordering the ocean and surrounded by a very large beautifully mature garden is a very special home. And this is a home in the true sense of the word as it is one of the very first villas to be built at the Tryall Club and has remained in the same family ever since. When the owners came to visit the land, as they turned to walk away from the ocean a white owl was sitting staring on the bough of a tree and so it was only natural that their home should be called White Owl.
If you dream of staying awhile in a quintessential beachfront cottage where the waves lap the shoreline, the trade winds blow and the sea and sky constantly shift from one shade of blue to another then this will not disappoint and you may well feel that you have found your utopia. Inherently Jamaican in its spirit and through the colorful works of art that adorn the walls which include paintings and sculptures of owls, the interior style is a celebration of tropical family life with white painted furniture, hand-stenciled pieces, soft-hued fabrics, and books aplenty to read. It is a much loved, lived-in home that is instantly welcoming – there is even a wall thoughtfully hung with an assortment of straw hats, some plain and some embellished in case you forgot to bring your own.
The lofty living room is the core of the house with doors that open up on all sides to allow the sea air to flow through and the painted furniture is arranged to provide several seating areas – ideal for entertaining. At the ocean end of the room, doors lead out to a very pretty veranda that flows around the outside of the room, arranged with white rattan chairs to relax in, tables for drinks, a dining area, and the swimming pool close by. The beach and sea are just stepped away as is the rolling expanse of the garden to the right. The private 200-foot-long pier is a splendid attribute and there are numerous spaces along the wide private shorefront upon which to dine, sit quietly and read, practice yoga, or recline and await the green flash as the sun disappears over the horizon.
There are three large bedrooms and a small 4th bedroom each with a flat-screen television. All are air-conditioned and have ceiling fans too apart from the smaller bedroom which has a ceiling fan but no air conditioning. You will more often than not find that by being so close to the sea that the ceiling fan is sufficient together with the ocean breeze. Pleasing pastel colors, white painted and wicker furniture, and interesting paintings and objects ensure that each room has its particular character. The extremely large master bedroom faces both the ocean and the gardens with doors leading out to the sea. The high conical ceiling and graceful window architraves are reminiscent of a classical Jamaican Great House and the atmosphere is one of both calm and serenity. The En suite bathroom has a shower and a separate bathtub. The second, equally spacious guest bedroom has a king-size bed and opens to face the swimming pool and sea; the third bedroom has twin beds that can be made into a king and the fourth smaller bedroom has two twin beds that can also be turned into a king. All have En suite bathrooms with a bath/shower combination.
The experienced staff includes some who have served White Owl for over twenty years, bringing warmth and knowledge of Jamaica as well as the Tryall Club. The cook is known for inspired home cooking using herbs, leaves, and vegetables grown in the garden.
• Solar heated swimming pool
• Extensive private oceanfront
• Complimentary wireless internet
• Flat screen televisions
• Cable television, Safe, and Hair dryer
• 2 Golf carts
• Enchanting private ocean front location
• Private pier and intimate beach alcoves
• Brief walk to the Golf Course
• Exceptional garden with lawns for children to play about on
• 2 Housekeepers
• 2 Gardeners
Bedroom 1 – Master: King-size bed, A/C, Flat screen TV, En Suite Bathroom +shower + bathtub + Private Terrace
Bedroom 2 – King size bed, A/C, Flat screen TV, En suite bathroom + shower + Private Terrace
Bedroom 3 – 2 Twin size beds (convert to King size bed), A/C, Flat screen TV, En suite bathroom + shower
Bedroom 4 – 2 Twin size beds (convert to King size bed), Ceiling Fan, Flat screen TV, En suite bathroom + shower
Tryall Club Temporary Membership Dues
The Tryall Club requires all villa and condo guests to become members during their stay via a Temporary Membership Fee of US$130 (plus 15% service charge) per week for each guest 16 years and over, or US$26 (plus 15% service charge) per day per person for stays of less than 7 days.
Plan to pay your TMD fee at the Front Desk in the Great House when you register. They will also set up a charge account for you during your stay. If you plan to pay for your charge account in cash at the end of your stay, they will request a cash deposit. If you plan to pay for your charge account with a credit card, they will place a hold on your card to cover this amount. The Tryall Club reserves the right to change or alter its membership packages with no advance notice.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.