Waterfront Cottage, Plunge Pool, Stunning Ocean Views, Staff including Cook, Free Wifi, AC
** Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to check availability for all requests at this villa **
THE PERSONAL VILLAS EXPERIENCE
* Private check-in
* Pre-trip planning: airport transfers, grocery pre-stocking, activity suggestions
* Fresh Linens, Towels, Daily Housekeeping
* English speaking concierge service and on-location team
* Free Wifi
* Points Program (Inquire about our PersonalVillas rewards program if you visit often!)
VILLA SEA HAVEN, Discovery Bay, Jamaica
Located on a private waterfront acre, Sea Haven is a traditional West Indian cottage dressed in charming periwinkle blue. It sits directly on the edge of beautiful Discovery Bay. The living room is sunshine yellow with a vaulted ceiling painted to match the sky. Antiques include a 200-year-old rocker made of twigs. Tortoise-back mahogany dining chairs Circa 1780 are from Admiralty House in Port Royal and were used by Lords Rodney and Horatio Nelson. A rough-hewn 17th Century chair in the master bedroom belonged to the captain of a schooner that plied between the islands. A 19th Century lady’s writing desk adorns another bedroom.
The living room opens wide to the 60′ verandah … furnished in wicker chaises, draped with flowering vines and overlooking the turquoise bay. On one side of the waterfront is a small sandy area. On the other side, cut-stone steps lead into wonderful swimming and snorkeling water. From the water’s edge, it’s an easy swim to the sunning platform. Watch romantic sunsets from the verandah or Jacuzzi plunge pool. After sunset, your chef will serve you delicious candlelight dinners on Spode china ~ inside, on the open-air verandah, or in the gazebo over a natural coral formation on the water’s edge. During the day, a bird feeding tree dapples the gazebo and, in the afternoon, the pool. For all-day sunshine and blue, blue water… luxuriate in the buoyant bay which is Sea Haven’s front yard.
The Sea Haven staff goes home each night. Elva always locks up part-way, leaves her telephone number with the keys and sets up morning coffee in the kitchen. She is back on the job by 7:30 each morning.
Driving time from the Montego Bay airport to Sea Haven is approximately 60 minutes. Discovery Bay is an incredibly beautiful and placid body of water … truly one of Jamaica’s treasures. The eastern shore with its lovely villas and cottages is colloquially known as “The Riviera.”
* waterfront cottage on beautiful Discovery Bay
* 12′ floating raft just offshore — great fun for parents and kids
* 4 bedrooms … 4 en-suite bathrooms … all bedrooms air conditioned
* small man-made sand beach and chaises in yard
* 21′ x 11′ 16-jet plunge pool
* complimentary snorkeling gear and 2 sea kayaks
* seaside gazebo, hammock and stone barbecue
* 42″ Panasonic Plasma tv, cable, DVD, VCR, stereo with CD player
* wireless Internet access (bring your laptop)
* cell phone provided for guests’ use and additional phone for complimentary overseas calls
* stainless steel Vulcan 6-burner commercial stove, wet bar, icemaker, microwave
* full staff: cook, housekeeper, assistant housekeeper, gardener – please note, no butler is among the Sea Haven staff because the staff ladies are responsible for serving drinks and meals – the quality of service will be excellent
* golf, tennis and more water sports nearby
Kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination. View of the Bay.
Kingsize bed, en-suite bathroom with tub-shower combination. View of the Bay and walk-through window to verandah.
Kingsize or twin beds at guests’ option, en-suite bathrooms with tub-shower combination.
Kingsize or twin beds at guests’ option, en-suite bathroom with tiled shower.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund. 2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour. 3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit. 4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner. 5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.