Mer Soleil in Terres Basses by Personal Villas - Exotic French Creole Villa
VILLA MER SOLEIL, Terres Basses, St Martin
The approach to Mer Soleil sets the stage for an exotic French Creole villa with a Mediterranean flair. Colorful mosaics embedded in whitewash walls hug the teak main gate further flanked by tall palms in oversized planters. Past the gate, the stone-paved drive is edged with colorful tropical shrubs and palms. Arches, terracotta roofing, columns and ironwork define the entrance. The view dazzles as you enter the home. The turquoise pool edged by tropical foliage draws your eye to the Caribbean Sea and brilliant blue sky. Within view are the island of Saba, Baie Lounge Beach and the luxury hotel La Samanna. At night, sunsets are simply brilliant.
The villa flows seamlessly from the interiors to the covered terraces and onto the spacious pool terrace. The open-plan great room mixes Caribbean touches with French style. Arched windows, doors and ironwork add to the exotic attitude. Rattan, teak, painted and tiled furniture accent the local art and interesting accessories. Cream and blue tones connect the seating and dining area. A large Provencal style kitchen, in beautiful wood cabinetry and marble tiles with high-end appliances, is a very elegant place to prepare a meal, whether by a professional or amateur chef. The main kitchen opens to the view and to a gorgeous blue tile Moroccan-inspired covered outdoor kitchen and dining gazebo. It is a stunning place to cook and dine al-fresco. The gazebo also houses additional living room seating overlooking the gardens and ocean view.
Three bedrooms are in the main villa; two of the upper terrace and one at the garden level. Two additional bedrooms are in a private cottage tucked behind the villa. All bedrooms have either sea or garden views plus private seating inside and out. Poster beds, rattan and teak furniture, charming Provence and tropical-inspired fabrics in blues, yellows and white create a romantic feel to the rooms. The en-suite bathrooms are gorgeous in traditional Provencal tiles and mosaics, each room in a different color. Several bathrooms have either sea or garden views from their walk-in showers. The cottage bedroom suites each have a wet bar and fridge while also providing an interconnecting door, a great feature for families.
You are close to amenities. Two minutes to Baie Nettle’s culinary stars Le Sand, Dreams and Mezza Luna. Wonderful gourmet food and wine stores are just a short drive in Cupecoy along with the Starz Casino and fine dining options Escape and Temptation. A short 15-minute drive and you are at the International airport or the nightlife of Maho. The French Capital, Marigot, is only 15 minutes from the villa where you can enjoy Duty-Free shopping, boutiques, bakeries and the Creole Market.
This can be rented as 3, 4 or 5 bedrooms.
Housekeeper | Breakfast Booking Possible | Dinner Booking Possible | Lunch Booking Possible | Meal Catering Available | Welcome basket
Books | Netflix | Satellite/Cable TV
Iron & Ironing Board | Free Street Parking | Washing Machine | Gated Community | 2nd Refrigerator | Hair Dryer | Shampoo | Toilet Paper | Soaps Laundry Soap | Linens | Free Parking | Paper Towels | Washer | Hangers | Internet | Towels | Hot Water | Private Entrance | Extra pillows and blankets | Air-Conditioning | Ceiling Fans | Dryer
Lawn / Garden | Terrace | Chairs
Kitchen & Dining:
Microwave | Kitchen | Dining Room | Dining Area | Refrigerator | Freezer | Oven | Blender | Toaster
Family | Luxury
Attractions & Activities:
Local Maps | Activities Guide | Restaurant Guide | Restaurants | Ocean | Beach
* Bedroom 1: King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, access to terrace and en-suite bathroom with shower and vanity
* Bedroom 2: King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, access to terrace and en-suite bathroom with shower and vanity
* Bedroom 3: King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom with shower and vanity
* Bedroom 4: King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom with shower and vanity
* Bedroom 5: King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, en-suite bathroom with shower and vanity
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserves the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.