Round Hill Resort Membership, Beach club, Private Driver, Chef, Butler, Pool, AC, Tennis, Free Wifi
** Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to check availability for all requests at this villa **
THE PERSONAL VILLAS EXPERIENCE
* Private check-in
* Pre-trip planning: airport transfers, grocery pre-stocking, activity suggestions
* Fresh Linens, Towels, Daily Housekeeping
* English speaking concierge service and on-location team
* Free Wifi
* Points Program (Inquire about our PersonalVillas rewards program if you visit often!)
VILLA GREAT RIVER HOUSE, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Great River House is located in a private gated neighborhood of other upscale villas, the entire property is fenced and entered through wrought iron gates, ensuring complete privacy. Grounds include a hard-surface tennis court, a putting green and a spacious grassy lawn with badminton and croquet. Fruit trees enhance the manicured lawns. Royal Palms, citrus and pimento trees are gently lit each evening.
Built in 1956 by a member of the Dupont family, a renovation in 2008 by modernist architect Tom Reed (and latest enhancements in 2015) combines elegance, an expansive pool terrace, state-of-the-art technology including wireless Internet throughout, and cable televisions.
Locally-crafted mahogany furniture reflects an old Jamaica ambiance, complemented by contemporary designer fabrics, a chefs kitchen, and Kohler en-suite bathrooms with water tiles. Interiors are distinguished by artwork by famous illustrator Arthur Taylor, George Rodrique and original botanical and Jamaican watercolors and oils. The large serpentine pool features an infinity waterfall edge, fountain, expansive stone terrace and divided shallow children’s pool.
Candlelight dinners are served in an interior air-conditioned dining room where guests may enjoy a view over the pool and its infinity edge to the sea beyond. Meals may also be served al fresco on the 2,400-square-foot pool terrace. The chef treats guests to fresh fish and grilled lobster, and everyone’s favorite, jerk pork and chicken prepared on our own jerk drum. Also, farm to table fruit, herbs and avocados grown on the property.
Various nooks and crannies are thoughtfully provided for individual escapes. A flower-filled side courtyard with out-door shower offers a special hideaway for rejuvenating spa treatments on request.
* 5-bedroom, 5 full en-suite baths, 2 half baths, 7,500-square-foot private villa on 5 acres
* excellent gated neighborhood of other upscale villas
* complimentary driver, to include: airport transfers, trips within Montego Bay area, and one day excursions (all other trips will be charged locally)
* private tennis court with pro on call
* putting green
* badminton, croquet and bocce ball
* 30 x 60-foot pool with frontgate float and toys
* full staff: chef, butler, housekeepers/laundress, gardener, night manager
* farm to table fruit, herbs and avocados all grown on the property
* air-conditioned family room with entertainment center
* bar and icemaker
* complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access (bring your laptop)
* cable televisions and DVD player
* Sonos wireless audio system
* Netflix, Pandora and Spotify
* child friendly: large lawn, swing, books, games, DVDs, kiddie pool area
* 2 cribs, 1 high chair, pack & play, 3 car seats, 2 modern strollers
* Jamaican fire pit for bonfires, story-telling, smores and marshmallow roasts
* Round Hill membership: complimentary beach, two connecting heated pools for parents & children, jogging trail. For various fees: Pineapple Kids Club, fitness room, tennis, hair salon & spa, bars & restaurants, gift shops, water sports, Internet room, beach parties Mon-Wed-Fri. Current membership runs through October 31, 2018 and villa is intending to renew for 2019 (through October 2019)*
All five bedrooms have mahogany floors, fine linens, pillow menus, quiet remote control air conditioning, ceiling fans, wireless audio system and Internet signal. Bathrooms feature Kohler fixtures, wall sprays and rain tile showers. New beds installed in December 2015!
Master Bedroom – 400 sq ft
Antique Jamaican 4-poster kingsize bed, and sliding doors to a private verandah with Caribbean Sea view. Cable television. 200-square-foot en suite bathroom with walk-in shower, side and overhead water tiles, and marble vanity with his and hers sink basins. Opens to pool terrace, also to private terrace.
Sea View Bedroom
Kingsize bed; en-suite bathroom with walk-in Turkish tiled shower, rain tiles and his and hers sink basins. Cable television. Private terrace with view of Caribbean Sea and garden. Connecting door to Garden View Bedroom for parent-child suite. Safe for valuables.
Garden View Bedroom
Optional kingsize or twin beds; also twin bed sleep sofa for a child. En suite bathroom with tub/shower combination. Connecting door to Sea View Bedroom for parent-child suite. Garden view.
Tennis View Bedroom
Kingsize bed; en suite bath with walk-in shower and rain tiles. Writing desk and over-stuffed reading chair. Overlooks tennis court and garden.
Lower Level Bedroom
Optional kingsize or twin beds in very private bedroom. En-suite bathroom with large walk-in shower with ceiling and wall rain tiles, marble counter with his & hers double sink basins. Writing desk. Opens to private patio and seating area with garden view.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund. 2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour. 3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit. 4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner. 5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.