Atlantis in Cap Estate by Personal Villas - Caribbean Villa with a Distinctly Modern Flair
VILLA ATLANTIS, Cap Estate, St. Lucia
Welcome to Atlantis, a Caribbean villa with a distinctly modern flair. Atlantis sits on top of a hill overlooking some of the best views in Saint Lucia. The sloping parkland around the villa is beautifully manicured, with many well-established trees and tropical shrubs, low-walled planters and a carefully tended kitchen garden springing into bounty after years of green-fingered care.
The curved driveway leads to a generous parking area and the impressive but welcoming entrance; with its elegant coral stone staircase framed by an arched portico and stately double doors. The single storey villa’s walls are built from natural local stone, and the arch motif is repeated throughout the exterior and interior, including the stylish but eminently functional solid wood windows whose shape exactly echo the architectural detail. Atlantis is a unique property in many ways, and the villa’s recent clever, high end upgrade has resulted in a crisp, modern look with a historic, old Caribbean feel.
Step inside, and the 8000 square foot home beckons in all directions. The immediate centre of attention is the indoor gated courtyard, with its soothing water feature and deep koi pond open to the blue sky above, a surprisingly Italianate feature in this Saint Lucian family home, throwing light and air throughout the adjacent great room and casual living area.
The living space has two areas: the formal lounge looks onto the villa’s capacious wrap-around verandah and pool deck, through tall, wide French windows that echo the arched style of the entrance. The interior walls are beautiful, a textural mixture of coral stone and natural local stone. Their silvery gray tones contrast with the high vaulted, dark stained ceiling, an original feature which was hand-crafted from beautifully finished natural wood. A casual-style TV den complete with a 50 inch smart TV lies to the right off the main living space, and the kitchen and formal dining room open up to the left.
Several guest bedrooms are laid out in an interlocking floor plan of the beautiful indoor/outdoor atrium near the courtyard. Cathedral ceilings and lots of arched windows ensure every bedroom is bright and airy. There are 5 bedrooms in total, bedroom 1 is to the left of the courtyard and has a queen size bed and an ensuite bathroom. The other four queen bedrooms are functionally laid out, of which three feature an ensuite bathroom. Within easy reach of these bedrooms is a cozy tv room, complete with DVD and a small movie selection.
**This villa has 5 bedrooms but this is the 2 bedroom rate, upon arrival you can choose whichever bedrooms you like and the other bedrooms are simply locked off during the stay. The entire villa is still private for you**
Housekeeper – 6 days weekly from 9 am to 3 pm and a gardener/ general maintenance man 5 days weekly.
Cook service available within working hours of 9am to 3pm.
There is a friendly dog on the property that is removed when booked.
Please note that our housekeepers are not trained nannies and should not be expected to look after and/or babysit infants and children. If you do make babysitting arrangements with the staff, please be advised this is at your own risk.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.