Porters Villa in St James by Personal Villas - Gorgeous Location and Few Minutes Walk to Beach
PORTERS VILLA, Porters, St James, Barbados
Porters Villa is a beautiful holiday home nestled within the renowned centuries-old Porters Great House 23 acre estate. The villa enjoys a gorgeous location within this iconic property along Barbados’ West Coast with the added benefit of being a few minutes walk to the beach and other entertainment. The property offers a stately welcome with a winding driveway through an enchanting mahogany grove. An afternoon can easily be spent exploring the grounds of this historic gem, wandering the hidden pathway leading behind the pool and past the old sugar works.
The villa, once the old carriage house, is a one-story retreat with an authentic wing that features coral stone and the original architecture on the exterior, and a modern wing that was more recently added to create a more spacious home. A sunken entry off an extensive front driveway and garden bids welcome to a cozy yet chic and contemporary interior.
The original wing of the home comprises the master suite and the living room, both of which have tiled floors and large windows that create a vibrant, sunlit ambiance. The master features a king bed, air-condition and a fan, as well as an en-suite bathroom with single vanity, a glass-walled shower and a secondary entrance that leads into a hallway with a large closet and a smaller linen closet. The master also offers verdant views of the villa’s gardens and driveway.
The living room is a cozy nook complete with calming, modern décor, a large comfy sectional, a study table and cable television. The living room then opens to the newer wing of the home, which includes the dining room, kitchen and the remaining two bedrooms. The dining area is the pièce de resistance of the home, with quasi-rustic décor including a large metalwork chandelier, marble floors and a semi-open-air ambiance thanks to its open design that flows into a small garden. It features a wall designed entirely of wooden shutters, and then it opens and flows directly onto the corridor that leads to the other two bedrooms in one direction, and to the villa’s entrance in the other direction. This corridor’s design features a wrought iron gate wall, which leads out into a small garden with a small, elevated lily pond. The dining room also has a high ceiling with an intricate woodwork design for optimum ventilation.
The kitchen is very modern and spacious, with marble floors, quartz countertops, an island, two sinks (one double and one single) stainless steel appliances including a dishwasher and espresso machine, tableware and a wall of windows that allow cooling natural breezes. There is also a small laundry room right off the kitchen.
The remaining two bedrooms are identical in their positioning and offering, with walk-in closets, vanity, en-suite bathrooms with single vanities and glass-wall showers, twin beds that may be converted into king beds, and stunning unobstructed views of the Porters estate signature mahogany grove through large double doors.
All guests have use of the estate swimming pool and gym during their stay.
* Swimming Pool, Gazebo, Gym
* Garden, Terrace, Chapel
* Air-Conditioned Bedrooms
* Ceiling Fans, Cable TV, Wifi
* Hair Dryer, Security System
* Coded Entry To Building
* Watersports by request
* Guest Gap Period – 48 Hours
* High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant
* Quarantine Approved
* Housekeeper/Laundress – Service provided six days a week
* Bedroom 1 – Master: King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, garden view and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
* Bedroom 2 – Two single beds (can be made up as a king-size bed), A/C, ceiling fan, walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity.
* Bedroom 3 – Two single beds (can be made up as a king-size bed), A/C, ceiling fan, walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserves the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.