Mumbai in Lowlands by Personal Villas - Miniature Version of a Gleaming White Greek Island
MUMBAI, Lowlands, St. Maarten
Mumbai’s exotic name reflects its exotic location, the private village of Cupecoy’s Shore Pointe right on the French/Dutch Border. Like an exquisite miniature version of a gleaming white Greek island, the villas of Shore Pointe are individual, elegant gems within a luxurious gated community. Mumbai is set apart by a beautiful miniature garden filled with palms and fragrant flowers. The entryway continues the tropical plantings, setting the stage for a beautiful contemporary decor framing the stunning view of the Caribbean Sea and the outer islands.
The interiors, with tumbled travertine floors, flow through stunning glass and wood doors right onto a spacious covered terrace and deck and beyond to the endless pool that seems to touch the ocean. Inside the colors are cool, soothing yet never boring. Exotic touches complement the neutral color scheme of creams, sand, white, soft greys, sage greens, and driftwood. Beautifully curated Asian and African art and artifacts, complemented by eclectic fabrics, add color and texture. Everywhere you look, your eye finds beauty.
The open plan living area features a high-end kitchen with luxury appliances, beautiful woods, and stainless. The indoor dining room is centered on a fabulous glass and driftwood dining table. The living area combines the lounging and media spaces with an office nook. The outdoor living areas provide covered dining and lounge highlighted by an exotic, yet quite comfortable, covered hammock. Just past the pool, stairs descend to the private beach entrance.
The three equal size bedrooms have sea views, private outdoor seating areas, and beautiful custom walk-in closets. Each room has its own unique color scheme using beautiful fabrics and art that adorns the walls, windows, and furniture of each bedroom. The lower level bedroom opens to the travertine terrace, yet is very private. Ascend the artistic winding staircase to two very spacious bedrooms separated by hallways for a private feel. Every bedroom has a spa-style bathroom with walk-in showers; the decor combines woods, glass, tiles, and river stones.
You are very close to amenities. A short walking distance to Porto Cupecoy with a terrific little gourmet market, wonderful restaurants, and stunning views. You are 5 minutes to the airport and 10 minutes to Simpson Bay & to Marigot.
This property is available to rent as a 2 or 3 bedroom villa.
Concierge – Other Services | Housekeeper Included
Satellite | Cable | Stereo | Television
Air Conditioning | Clothes Dryer/Washer | Hair Dryer | Internet – Wireless | Iron and Board | Linens Provided | Living Room | Parking | Generator | Towels Provided | Mosquito Spray Machine
Nespresso | Cookware | Dining Area | Dishes & Utensils | Dishwasher | Kitchen | Microwave | Oven | Refrigerator | Stove | Toaster
Bird Watching | Boating | Gambling | Shopping | Water Sports | Wildlife Viewing
Beach | Beach View | Beachfront | Ocean View
Balcony | Deck/Patio | Gas Grill
Outdoor Pool – 8m x 4m | Private Pool
Outdoor Lighting | Fire Extinguisher
Bedroom 1 – King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, Wi-Fi, TV, walk-in closet, access to the pool terrace and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
Bedroom 2 – King-size bed, A/C, ceiling fan, Wi-Fi, TV, walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
Bedroom 3 – Two single beds (can be made up as a king-size bed), A/C, ceiling fan, Wi-Fi, TV, walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with shower, vanity
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately, or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserves the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.