Folly at Tryall Club in Montego Bay by Personal Villas - Stunning Caribbean and Ocean View
** Please drop us a message before booking the property as we need to check availability for all requests at this villa **
FOLLY at the TRYALL CLUB, Montego Bay, Jamaica
With stunning views of the ocean and the Montego Bay coastline, flower-filled gardens, and sweeping lawns planted with specimen trees, Folly is an absolutely charming place to be. One of Tryall’s original houses, having been owned by only 2 families, this villa is a much-loved home and offers a truly unique escape for families or couples.
Folly is located on the ridge of Barnes Hill, amidst 3 acres of well-manicured lawn and gardens. The Main House has the warm charm of a “Casita” – built on one level with covered walkways around flower-filled inner gardens that are frequented by hummingbirds and yellow banana quits.
All bedrooms have en suite bathrooms and views of the ocean. Each is fitted with ceiling fans (no air-conditioning), which enhance the cross ventilation from the ocean and landward breezes, alleviating the need for air conditioning. There are two master bedrooms, one in the main house, and the second in a detached cottage a few steps from the main house. The master cottage is a restful retreat, sheltered by a large focus tree. It offers a sunny view of the shade-dappled lawn, the pool, and the ocean. All bedrooms can be configured with king or twin beds as requested.
Just a few steps from the living room, which is open on four sides, is the heated swimming pool. A table set up on the lawn provides the perfect spot for breakfast and lunch is usually served on the patio. The bar/study, with a daybed, provides space for those in need of quiet contemplation or an extra single bedroom with its own bathroom, which can also serve as a second bath to the master bedroom.
Bibliophiles will be delighted with the selection of books, many having been brought by authors who have been Villa Folly guests.
• Heated swimming pool
• Free Wireless internet
• Cable TV in 2 bedrooms
• Indoor/Outdoor Dining
• Safe in each room
• Hair dryers
• Full bed pull-out sofa
• 1 golf cart
• Free on-property shuttle service
• Walking distance to tennis
• Massage center
• Fitness center & Boutique
• Tryall market & Games room
• Kid’s Club
• 2 Gardeners
Bedroom 1 – Has optional Twin or King size bed, Ceiling fan, En-suite bathroom
Bedroom 2 – Has optional Twin or King size bed, Ceiling fan, En-suite bathroom
Bedroom 3 – 2 Twin beds (which can be combined as kings), Ceiling fan, En-suite bathroom
Bedroom 4 – 2 Twin beds (which can be combined as kings), Ceiling fan, En-suite bathroom
Tryall Club Temporary Membership Dues
The Tryall Club requires all villa and condo guests to become members during their stay via a Temporary Membership Fee of US$130 (plus 15% service charge) per week for each guest 16 years and over, or US$26 (plus 15% service charge) per day per person for stays of less than 7 days.
Plan to pay your TMD fee at the Front Desk in the Great House when you register. They will also set up a charge account for you during your stay. If you plan to pay for your charge account in cash at the end of your stay, they will request a cash deposit. If you plan to pay for your charge account with a credit card, they will place a hold on your card to cover this amount. The Tryall Club reserves the right to change or alter its membership packages with no advance notice.
1. CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for all excess persons immediately or shall vacate the villa immediately, without refund.
2. COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Personal Villas and affiliated on-island property managers shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. Villa management reserve the right to be allowed a reasonable amount of time to cure a problem. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, internet service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air conditioning, television or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour.
3. NO PETS: Pets of any kind are NOT allowed in or on the villa’s premises without specific written permission from Personal Villas (granted prior to arrival). A pet or evidence of a pet found on the premises will cause immediate eviction, and forfeiture of the Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
4. QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties, commercial uses or functions such as weddings are allowed without advance WRITTEN permission from Personal Villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood, particularly after 10 pm at night. If the Guest is found to have had a wedding or any sort of group gathering for more persons than officially scheduled and paid for at the villa, and/ or without Personal Villas advance written permission, he is subject to forfeiture of his entire villa security deposit to the villa’s owner, at the joint discretion of Personal Villas and the villa’s owner.
5. SMOKING, ILLEGAL ACTIVITY, DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Smoking is NOT permitted inside the villa. (In most cases smoking is allowed in outdoor spaces—please check with your rental agent). Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property. Any illegal activity is strictly prohibited.